Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's That Most Wonderful Time of the Year! (Festivus, I Mean...)

For those revelers of my generation, the one above, and perhaps the one below, it's that most wonderful time of the year: Festivus. A holiday, as Frank Costanza so Seuss-ifly put it, "for the rest of us". So as we break out the beloved Pole from the crawl space, and dutifully list all those who have wronged us in the past year ("I've got a lotta problems with you people, and now you're gonna hear about it!"), it would only be appropriate to list all the beers that will be on next year's Winking Lizard Beer Tour.

Wait... that didn't make sense; what does one have to do with the other? Well, let me count the ways...

1. The Lizard List has not yet been released to the general public (or at least not most of it). Thus, this is known as a "Festivus miracle!" (see Kramer, Cosmo).

2. Though they do not consume beer, per se, in the famed Seinfeld episode (and if you still don't know what I'm talking about, just give up now), they do make bagels, and a central part of the episode involves yeast, a central ingredient in beer.

3. I like Festivus, beer, The Winking Lizard, and it's my blog. So there.

Anyway, here's the list you jackals, sorry it's barely legible...

1 comment:

Faith Larraine said...

I would like to try some, but I am no beer-savvy lady. What would you suggest?